Thursday, April 30, 2009

Verizon finally may have done it right.

While musing, pondering, searching, waiting, hoping for Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless to actually WORK with the LG10000 - Voyager, earlier tonight I noticed that the tiny TV logo was solid - meaning signal present! For 6 months of paying 10 dollars extra per month for the mere privilege of being able to receive the Mobile TV signal I would usually see an X in the TV logo. But, not tonight.
This is now uncharted territory, as having only seen the promo play while the phone fails to acquire a signal, I was presently surprised with the Channel Guide popup AND the first channel on the list was already playing audio AND VIDEO.
Yeah.
Now, I am one to play hunches, and my usual hunch about Verizon's Dongle-Pay first, answer consumer complaints second, I played the "this will NEVER work, but what the hell" hunch, and hooked up my laptop to the phone WHILE THE TV WAS STILL RECEIVING. I proceeded to run the internet connect software.
It worked - the TV went black for a second until I jogged the volume control - internet AND Mobile TV.
Both.
Finally.
Verizon does it RIGHT.

Now I can only expect that when Verizon realizes their mistake, they will "fix" this capability in the next firmware upgrade (which still at version 11 hasn't fixed the "I can no longer play audio files longer than 53 minutes with the lid closed, so that Imay carry the darned phone in my pocket; so much for trying to play any audio books from AUDIBLE.COM" bug. Playing such long audio files wasn't a problem with version 7)

So, Verizon, here's to musing, pondering, searching, waiting, and hoping for you to keep doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment